Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Sorry!

I feel like I should clarify some of my remarks from two entries prior. One particular remark was callous and unsporting, and for that I am truly sorry. The world is fraught with enough negativity and hardly needs me piling on. I can understand why my comment offended the way it did, and I hope you'll trust that my discretion and good nature will prevent any further indignations. It's a matter that is obviously close to people's hearts, and for good reason.

That is why I wish to express my sincerest apologies to Rosie Greer. I didn't mean to disparage your movie in such a curt, out-of-hand fashion. Your edgy, half-erudite, half-Dolemite rapport with Ray Milland paved the way for the later seminal works of Gibson-Glover and Murphy-Akroyd.

"The Thing With Two Heads" stands as one of the finest horror movies I've ever seen, and the social responsibility angle placed it at the vanguard of the genre. Mea culpa, mea culpa.

No comments:

Post a Comment