You say al-SAY-dr
I say al-SAH-dr
Wait, hold the phone. What the fedayeen is going on in Iraq? Muqtada al-Sadr, leader of the Mahdi Army, is once again aligned with Iraqi president Nouri al-Maliki. Yes, this is the same Iranian funded, trained and abetted group who've wrought havoc since 2003. Death squads. Kidnappings. Car bombings. I.E.D.s. Killing coalition troops. You know what they say about friends like that...
10. "Grumpier Old Men"
9. "Ishtar II: The Reckoning"
8. "Speed 2: Cruise Control"
7. "Legally Blonde 2: Red, White and Blonde"
6. "Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever: 2: The Reckoning"
5. "The Reckoning. From Justin to Kelly"
4. "2 Fast 2 Furious"
3. "Feardotcom: Layer 2" (this one's for the OSI model afficianados)
2. "Plan 10 From Outer Space"
1. "I Still Maintain That I'm Well Aware of Your Actions and Their Subsequent Consequences Last Summer"
Speaking of gumshoes, is there a program on television any finer than HBO's "Bored To Death"? It is brilliance in Brooklyn, and the rapports between Jason Schwartzman, Ted Danson and Zach Galifianakis are equal parts wackiness and warmth. Unlikely friendships can also be the best, after all, and not many shows leave you laughing hysterically one moment and tearing up the next.
glut-ton-y:[gluht-n-ee] - noun
Origin: 1175-1225; ME glotonie, glutonie
Definition: Drinking an entire ramiken of crème brulée before placing it in the refrigerator to cool